It is a virtual medical clinic that connects you with a licensed doctor from the comfort of your home. Our doctors can provide patients with non-urgent medical consultations and applicable treatment plans via telephone and/or video.
A typical virtual visit lasts 5-10 minutes
We Serve state of Florida only
We do not provide any Kind of pediatric care.
Although our doctors can address many medical inquiries, there are some limitations as to what our doctors can do virtually. Certain health conditions or services that would require a more in-depth assessment and/or examination, are not suitable for virtual care.
Below is a partial list of services that our doctors CANNOT provide virtually:
- COVID test verification
- Physical examination
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) forms
- Medical certification forms
- Court jury duty medical excuse letters
- Disability certification letters
- Driver medical fitness examinations and certification letters
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) prescriptions
- Emotional Animal Support (ESA) letters
- Genetic testing
- TB Risk Assessment Certificate
- Job fitness-for-duty examinations and certification letters
- Medical marijuana cards
- Travel medical excuse letters
- Vaccination exemption letters
Yes, our doctors can prescribe non-controlled medications based on their clinical judgment and refill your medications if the request is clinically appropriate
Our doctors WILL NOT prescribe any controlled substances (which includes all narcotics), most muscle relaxants, as well as medications for ADHD, insomnia and weight loss. Please note that our no-controlled-substances policy is an operational policy decided by physicians.
ALL COVID-19 related medical consultations are NOT refundable, with or without a prescription(s). Also, our doctors WILL NOT be able to fill a COVID-19 Personal Under Investigation Report.
Our doctors can:
- Help to assess your condition and rule out other possible root cause
- Advise if an in-person examination or further laboratory testing are required
- Prescribe a lab requisition or prescription(s) to help you manage your symptoms
- Issue a doctor’s note for your work and/or school
For patients that want to try new COVID-19 medication, our doctors will review the request and only prescribe these medications if they determine the medication is clinically appropriate.
Patients need to understand that some of these new COVID-19 medication(s) may still be in the early stage of development and would have limited clinical data to support their efficacy. Patients may choose to take these new medications while accepting the limitations and potential adverse effects.
List of medications that our doctor WILL NOT be able to prescribe:
- Ivermectin, chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine, and/or azithromycin as the FDA has not approved for use in treating or preventing COVID-19 in humans.
Dexamethasone, systemic glucocorticoids, and Monoclonal antibodies (e.g., Sotrovimab, Casirivimab, and imdevimab) as they are not for use in a telemedicine setting.
Yes, our doctors can send prescriptions to your preferred pharmacy. Please ensure that you select the correct pharmacy information when you book your appointment.
If your pharmacy confirms they have not received your prescription, please call us and we will resend it or call the pharmacy.
Our doctors may be able to provide you with a doctor’s note for work or school depending on your request and health condition. Please note:
- Your request must be clearly stated when you make your virtual appointment (including absence date and return date)
- Requests for retroactive notes may be declined, as each doctor prescribes at their own clinical discretion
- Our doctors can only issue notes for conditions that have been assessed and evaluated during the virtual visit. We CANNOT provide any documents requiring an in-person physical exam virtually
Our doctor will review your request(s) prior to the start of your appointment. If the doctor you selected feels your condition(s) is not suitable for a virtual visit or is beyond his/her scope of practice, you will receive a pre-visit notification to confirm if you would like to proceed with your scheduled appointment or not. You will NOT be charged if you choose not to proceed with the appointment
To comply with HIPAA guidelines, we WILL NOT be able to email any medical records (including a doctor’s note) to our patients. You can access your medical records and doctor’s note by logging into your Shield Medical Group account (a secure portal) and clicking on the “Record” tab. Once you click on the “Record” tab, you will be able to access your doctor’s note and have the option to email or fax or print a copy of your note.
We may be required to report any suspected and/or confirmed communicable diseases to local/state Health Departments, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and/or other regulatory agencies. Please note reporting is NOT optional once the virtual visit has been initiated
For a “interactive audio visit”, our doctors will call you at the number that you provided. Please check your setting to ensure your device can receive calls from unknown callers as some of our doctor’s numbers may appear as unknown.
- For desktop computers, please ensure all programs (requiring camera function) are closed.
- For mobile devices, please ensure that you have given permission to allow Zoom App to access your camera and microphone.
- Simply click on Sign up to begin your application.
- Simply click on Sign upto begin your application.
- Click on Forgot password?and enter your email address or mobile phone number. Once you submit your request, you will receive an email/text shortly with a verification code. You will need to enter the code, in order to reset your password.
- You can update your personal information anytime by logging into your Shield Medical Group account.
No, for security and confidentiality reasons, any users (over the age of 18) will be required to create their own account
$75 per visit for ALL Shield Medical Group members
- To book an initial virtual doctor appointment, we require a pre-authorized payment from the patient.
- If your visit is canceled for any reason, you WILL NOTbe charged any fees. Please allow 1-3 business days for the amount (that is held) to be released back to your bank account.
- You do not need to have insurance to schedule a visit.
All refund requests must be submitted to our support team. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: A refund can only be issued if ALL of the following conditions are met:
- Your request is within 72 hours of your visit completion
- You have not picked up any prescription medications (confirmation by pharmacy)
- A doctor’s note has not been issued
- For lab services, the lab tests were ordered within 180 days and your specimens have not been collected
Once your refund has been approved, the amount will be returned to your original payment credit card. Please note that it may take 5-10 days for a refund to be processed and appear on your statement.
If you cannot find your question listed here, please at email@example.com